Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tool 9 all questions


  1. Why do you think it is important to tie the technology to the objective? When activities match technology the learning is fun, exciting, and relevant to the way our students are learning.
  2. Why should we hold students accountable for the stations/centers?Accountability helps the teacher know what to teach next or if there is a need to reteach. Kids must have accountability to know where they are headed in the learning process.
  3. Visit 2 of the applicable links to interactive websites for your content/grade level. Which sites did you like. How could you use them as stations? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations?I visited the SBISD interactive database to find websites to use. I would use animoto to have kids show examples of different sports skills, I would also use flipcharts to teach the basics of nutrition and healthy eating habits.
  4. List two to three apps you found for the iPod Touch/iPad that you can use in your classroom. What do you see that station looking like? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations?Runkeeper Pro-A whole class could use this app at one time- they could run on the track together as team and track their level of intensity, calories burned, and time spent exercising. I could use the italk or imovie to have kids tell me or show me a skill or knowledge in a station. The run keeper accountability-I would have the students report to me after they were finished and tell me what they learned by using the run keeper app. The italk or imovie accountability-I would be able to watch the kids or listen to the kids answers at a later time.
  5. What about other ways to use the iPod Touch/iPad? Share another way you can see your students using the device as a station. The students could watch different exercises on the itouch and follow along with the person on the video/picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment